Cody, Julie and the Boys

Just a little place to share all the fun and interesting stuff that happens in our lives...

Monday, November 15, 2004

I've been neglecting my Blog

It seems I haven't had any time to write lately. I have been busy at work and at home. We have had too many deaths in the family. I've been to three funerals since Sept. The latest was my great-uncle Garland Sentell's. He was a wonderful man! He was a preacher. He was one of those special preachers that do it because they love God and they want to share that love with everyone! He didn't do it for a paycheck. His funeral was a very Spiritual service. It was two hours long but you didn't really notice. There were so many great things to be said about him! Once of the ministers actually called him the "Billly Graham of Pickens County". Now I doubt my uncle Garland would like that too much because he was so humble. He did everything for the glory of God and he would not want any credit. He got up every morning at 5:30 am and stayed on his knees praying until about 7:00. Everyday! One of the ministers asked "Who will take his place?" That's a good question. I guess it showed me that I need to review my walk with God. I need to take more time to pray for people and do what I'm supposed to be doing. I will miss Uncle Garland very much but I know that he is so happy to be in Heaven! His wife died two years ago and he had missed her so much. I'm sure it was quite a reunion!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home